Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service pertains to stashing and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting vendor. There are different forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to own a weblog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by various providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file storage solutions are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally false explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the tasks at hand between different sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share an immense amount of images with pals or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some suppliers provide web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email service. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to run as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a website. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Flying Sulcer, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular content exclusively.